My husband and I always crave a little something sweet after supper. We found that by taking one of our favorite cheesecake recipes, and swapping out some of the ingredients for "sugar-free" options, we could enjoy this tasty and filling dessert after mealtimes or at a special event like a birthday or potluck. The original recipe is just as delicious, so if you aren't looking for a sugar-free treat, just follow the original recipe which is listed at the bottom of the post. Enjoy!
- 4 8oz pkgs cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cups Pyure, (organic stevia blend sweetener)
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp coconut extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup un-sweetened flaked coconut, toasted and cooled
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted and cooled
- 6 Tbsp whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar-free chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup un-sweetened flaked coconut, toasted and cooled
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted and cooled
- Beat cream cheese till smooth.
- Add sugar and beat till creamy.
- Lightly beat in the eggs, extracts, and salt till thoroughly combined.
- Fold in the coconut and almonds.
- Pour mixture into a non-stick silicone baking pan.
- Turn oven to 325° and bake for about 75 more minutes or until the outer 2 1/2" is set.
- Remove from oven and cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Heat cream in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Add chocolate chips and vanilla. Stir slowly and constantly until till smooth.
- Pour over the top of the cheesecake, letting some drip down the sides.
- Sprinkle toasted coconut in the middle and toasted almonds around the edges. Chill till set.
- Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator. It is even better the next day!
This recipe has been adapted from the original non sugar-free version, over at: "CreationsByKara"